[Update 2010: I'm not eating dairy any more, so I make this now without the feta. It's still delicious. You make your own decisions; you eat the way that makes you feel best.]
Tastes like sunshine, and all you need to do it chop, mix, eat. What’s better than that?
- an English cucumber (regular works, too)
- feta cheese, crumbled (bleu is good, too)
- lemon juice
- lots of salt & pepper
Thinly slice the cucumber and put in a bowl big enough to toss. Add the crumbled cheese. Sprinkle liberally with salt & pepper. Squeeze half a lemon over the top. Mix well. Eat.*
*Tastes best if you let it sit for about 10 minutes before eating — which is about the time it takes to grill a lovely chicken breast or lean lamb patty to go along with it.
Make it fancy:
- Add a few tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- Add a finely-diced tomato
- Add 1 tsp. of extra-virgin olive oil to amp up the healthy fat
Thank you hirefrank for the irresistible pics of your pup Feta. That is one cute doggie.
2 Responses to “EZ, Delish Cucumber Salad”
Post a comment
Like what you've read? Got something to say? Lay it on me!