You know what’s awesome? A hamburger with crumbled blue cheese and hot wing sauce. The creamy blue cheese mixing with the tang of the wing sauce cooled off with shredded lettuce and pickles…. mmmmm.
You know what’s not awesome? The sugar-laden, no-fiber, make-me-chubby bun, and the poison-me bleu cheese.
I found a solution: Burger Salad
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- a little slivered red onion
- red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- extra lean ground beef/turkey/bison, browned in coconut oil with some garlic powder
- Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 cup of your favorite healthy vegetable, cooked
- almonds (or olives)
- blueberries (or some other fruit)
1. Toss the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, vinegar, salt & pepper in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. (A cup or two is enough, and it’s basically zero according to any food plan. Yay, water-vegetable!)
2. Pile the lettuce on a plate and top with 3 oz. of warm ground meat. Add a few dashes of hot sauce.
3. On the side, enjoy a healthy vegetable to balance out the wasteland of the iceberg lettuce. Feel superior because you’re eating lettuce instead of a hamburger bun. Thrill to the crunch of the lettuce.
4. For dessert, have a serving of fresh fruit and nuts. Again, feel superior. Taste the natural sweetness of the fruit.
5. Revel in how freakin’ delicious your food is while it’s making you healthy.
NOTE: If you think Louisiana Hot Sauce is too hot straight OR you want to make it more wing-sauce-like, forget the nuts for dessert and mix 1 teaspoon oil with hot sauce to taste. Drizzle that on top of your salad for wingtastic flavor.
Also NOTE: You can also replace the nuts with 1 teaspoon of oil in the lettuce to make the salad less-vinegary. But if you do that, how will you simulate the awesome salt-vinegar bite of pickles?!
3 Responses to “Buffalo Burger "Salad"”
Post a comment
Like what you've read? Got something to say? Lay it on me!