Aaaaah. Saturday. Thank you, universe, for the following fabulousness:
1. Dave is at a songwriting conference all weekend, and I’m happily anticipating a whole bunch of cocooning and quiet time.
2. I slept from about 9:30 last night until 5:00 this morning, read a few chapters, then went back to sleep until almost 8:00. Heavenly!
3. I’ve got two great books going right now: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Bronte Project.
4. I just got home from the grocery store, and I’m queued up make some delicious food for the week:
- Strawberries (cut & Splenda = mmmm)
- Spinach muffins
- Ethiopian cabbage (recipe below; thank you, Stacey!)
- Garlic bok choy
5. And — YAY! — my workouts are done for the week, and I successfully completed six CF workouts in six consecutive days. F*ck, yeah.
Today’s I AM CROSSFIT Workout
4 rounds for time:
- 50 squats
- 400m run
My time: 12:51
It was c-c-c-old this morning, and I took a little more lax approach to this workout — maybe a B+ effort instead of an A+ — and I am SO OK with that. I had a good time; I was joyful when it was finished.
Week 1 of I AM CROSSFIT: complete (except for eating, of course, but I’ve got some awesome Zone-iness planned for the rest of the day.)
approx. 1 cup = 1 block C+F, 1 WW point
4 teaspoons olive oil
4 carrots, shredded or very thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 head cabbage, shredded
1. In a medium skillet heat the olive over medium heat; add the carrots and onion and cook in the hot oil about 5 minutes.
2. Lower the heat to medium. Add the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, ginger, and cabbage; mix well. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender.
Top with your favorite protein to make a delicious meal.
9 Responses to “You Gotta Love a Saturday”
Post a comment
Like what you've read? Got something to say? Lay it on me!