Gong to Costa Rica

If someone had told me a year ago what I’d be doing this weekend, I would have thought they were out of their minds — and then I might have hit ‘em with two for being lame.

What a difference a year makes! Tonight, Dave and I are off to an event called Gong Gong Gongathon. I know! Can you even?! It’s a one-hour kundalini yoga class followed by a 45-minute gong concert. I anticipate maximum grooviness.

Then tomorrow, our cab to airport arrives at 4:30 a.m. My next communique to you, dear readers, will be from my temporary, beach-side office in Costa Rica. Look for Rants & Raves on Sunday— plus a full report on monkeys, the kitchen in our rental house, and other adventures. Satnam and happy weekend to you!

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “Gong to Costa Rica”

1. Maria says:

I go to a gong bath once every month and it is the most relaxing experience!

2. Lisa Johnson says:

I’m going to Costa Rica too! Sunday AM. :)

3. Richard C. says:

Safe travels, Mel + Dave!

4. Emily Seah says:

Ha! I totally relate…yoga-fied me does things that pre-yoga me would totally jeer at. Gong bath is on my to do list too! :) There was a recent blog post by Neal Pollack in Yoga Journal (another thing that pre-yoga me would howl at…the fact that I would even preface a sentence by referring to a recent post in Yoga Journal)that really resonated with me. As Pollack says and I totally agree with: “Yoga is simultaneously wonderful and mystical, but it’s also completely ridiculous. That’s why I love it so.” :)

5. Emily Seah says:

And have a wonderful trip! :)

6. Jessica F. says:

I moved from Austin about a year ago and SO miss my weekly Saturday morning Kundalini classes at Yoga Yoga. This post makes me completely jealous!

I’m realizing that I’m completely spoiled by my two favorite instructors at Yoga Yoga. My kundalini teacher Robin is incredible — just really special. I’m remembering to be grateful every time I got. If you’re ever in town, let me know — we’ll go to Robin’s class together!