Well Fed Classes at Whole Foods

It’s official! I’m teaching two demo cooking classes at the Whole Foods Culinary Center this Fall. “Demo” means I’ll be cooking and being bossy and telling stories and probably forgetting that I’m in front of a room of people while I lick the spoon. You don’t want to miss that! And when I’m done showing you how to make some of my favorite recipes, you get to eat the food! Come out and play with me!

Paleo 101: October 10

This class is a two-fer! While I’m demo-ing some of my favorite recipes from Well Fed — Sunshine Sauce, Pad Thai, Ginger-Lime Grilled Shrimp — I’ll also be doing an overview of the why and how of the paleo lifestyle with lots of practical tips to make cooking and eating easier.  Get more details and register right here.

Paleo Thanksgiving: November 15

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and in this class, I’ll be demo-ing luscious paleo-friendly sides so that no one at your holiday table will know they’re “eating healthy.” It’s sneaky-deaky Thanksgiving! I’ll be making Velvety Butternut Squash, Cranberry Waldorf Salad, Coconut-Almond Green Beans, and even a dessert (!). Plus, awkward stories of family holiday celebrations gone wrong. Get more details and register right here.

30 Responses to “Well Fed Classes at Whole Foods”

1. Rachael says:

How Exciting! I’ve registered for the Thanksgiving course! Yay!

2. This is awesome Melissa!!! Congrats :)

3. Linda Sand says:

Well, crap! I’m going to be in Austin between those two dates but not on either of them. I’ll be picking up a new RV with a brand new kitchen to be stocked while I’m there. Should be an adventure finding the right tools and food in a town I don’t know.

4. Well schnikes….Why can’t you live in Missouri? lol

5. Betsy says:

And on what dates will you be doing this in San Antonio? ;-)

6. Emily says:

My brother lives in Austin…mayhaps a visit is in order…? Congratulations, and I would LOVE to come to one of these! Awesome!

7. Brad says:

Get the word out there, Mel. Remember this: your cookbook is a great cookbook for omnivores. I’ve given it as gifts three times now, just because it is so beautiful, well thought out, and mega-delicious. I’m not super preachy about Paleo (except when people ask me why I lost 25 pounds when I really wasn’t a bit overweight by modern standards). I just love good food and I love the tastes and ideas you share in the book. Thanks for what you do. Keep up the good work, because the world needs it.

8. I’ve been begging my Whole Foods for Paleo classes. I wish you come northeast and show us how it’s done!

9. AustinGirl says:

I love all of your recipes, but your cranberry salad is amaaaaaazing!! I’d forgotten about it, in the past few months of scorching summer, but that’s absolutely happening in my house for Thanksgiving this year (or sooner…probably sooner).

10. DoniB says:

San Diego needs you!!! :-)Until then I guess the book and blog will do. Congrats!

Thanks for the support! I’m trying to figure out how I can take my show on the road to other Whole Foods locations — will keep you posted!

12. Mary says:

If you want to make it to CO again, the Whole Foods in Capital Hill in Denver seems to be very paleo-friendly. I know at least a few of the team members eat paleo and the store stocks a bunch of niche products that appeal to paleo folks.

13. BuggirlDana says:

If you can ever teach a demo class at the Whole Foods in Dublin, Ohio (right outside of Columbus), I am SO there!!!! Believe me, I’m trying to figure out how I could possibly get to Austin, TX for your classes there. May I just say that I LOVE the Bora Bora Fireballs. Holy Shnikes, are they ever the bomb! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, that recipe should come with the warning: “Caution! Extremely flippin’ tasty. Savor slowly, as overconsumption is entirely possible and will leave you feeling more stuffed than your kid’s teddy bear.”

14. Melissa says:

I am going to try to make the Thanksgiving one!

15. liese says:

I soo wish you came to NYC!

16. Melissa, this is great! can they post the demo’s on the WF website?!

17. Ted L says:

Damn! I wish you were doing these classes in Dallas. I’d love to go down to Austin for this, but I can’t make it out of town then.

18. mspickle says:

I am signed up for next week. Can’t wait!

19. Dolores K. says:

I live in the DFW area and would LOVE it if you performed classes here. I’m a reformed veggie/vegan and would love some hands on learning of the Paleo lifestyle.

I can’t wait to meet all of you, talk paleo, and whip up some yummy grub. YAY!

21. Danielle says:

Please take it on the road! Madison WI needs you…but for now keep doing what you’re doing. Well Fed got me thru my first whole30, it’s a staple in my kitchen! Thanks Mel!

22. Yvette says:

You make me wish I lived in the USA! We don’t even have a Wholefoods in Melbourne tha I could wish you’d come to. We do have a food festival every March… Could you come to that?

23. Kate Ground says:

So sorry your class is sold out. Hope you do more