How To Peel A Grapefruit

thai_pink_grapefruit_salad-1

I la-la-love pink grapefruit, and the Thai Pink Grapefruit Salad from Well Fed 2 is a both unexpected (dried shrimp! coconut! lime!) and delicious. The combo of sweet, salty, cool, and creamy is irresistible — as is pink grapefruit all on its own.

We’re coming into grapefruit season now, so put away those shameful serrated grapefruit spoons and take a look at this technique I learned from my dad for peeling a grapefruit. Be sure to stick around to the end of the video because my husband/videographer Dave always includes a tasty little blooper or something silly to close out the show.

hr_brown1

Tags: , , , ,

12 Responses to “How To Peel A Grapefruit”

1. Mom says:

Aweeeee! I love your video. Very cool presentation. Awesome shirt I might add. You look very pretty. :-)

2. Tracy says:

“Be sure to stick around to the end of the video because my husband/videographer Dave always includes a tasty little extra to close out the show.” Where’s the tasty extra?

3. […] Clothes Make The Girl / Posted on: January 01, 1970The Clothes Make The Girl – I la-la-love pink grapefruit, and the Thai Pink Grapefruit Salad from Well Fed 2 is a both […]

4. Yvonne A. says:

Great technique! I have been cooking for 50+ years and didn’t know this technique – shows you can always learn something new. Thanks!

5. Walker says:

So handy! And you are so adorable :-)

My favorite snack is to break the segments into small bite sized pieces and put in freezer!

6. Heather V. says:

Great tutorial, I always just slice mine down the middle and scoop the fruit out, but I’ll be testing this out.

I finally tracked down dried shrimp. I’m making the grapefruit salad tonight and I’m totally excited about it. :)

7. Bree says:

This post changed my life. I love grapefruit and just bought some in hopes to fight off a terrible no good awful cold, but was not sure what I was going to do with them. I love juicing them with ginger, but I’m currently too lazy to pull out the juicer and clean it. I peeled them using this technique, grated some fresh ginger over it, and topped with a sprinkle of coconut sugar. Spicy and delightful! Thank you for sharing this :)

8. Karen says:

Where did you find dried shrimp? i’ve looked all over and all i can find is fish food not human food :(